Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jumping In

I quit.

It's funny how two little words that seem so final, so permanent, can leave so much to question. But that's what I did. I quit. I quit my full-time, steady paycheck, sit-at-my-desk marketing job to pursue this new adventure I've called Laboratory Marketing.

As any good business owner knows, one of the first rules of marketing is to know your target audience and "everyone" or "people who need it" are not going to cut it. Laboratory Marketing is focused on the medical community, especially home/durable medical equipment companies. I've worked on national automotive accounts, launched an energy drink, created campaigns for universities, promoted a brewery but there's something about the HME industry that seems to be calling. 

I will admit it's a little scary. (My husband will probably tell you the same thing...) But beyond that initial scary is only excitement! There are two things I love most in my professional life: one of them is marketing. It only makes sense to share it with "people who need it," right?

I'm jumping in with both feet. Stick around... it's going to be a great journey! 

And if you're one of those "people who need it," what are you waiting for? Send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment